Core trade training course in Singapore: An overview
Core trade training course Singapore offers a wide range of workplace safety and health, multi skills and coach training courses for all industries, catering to participants from workers, supervisors, and managers levels.
Core Trade Courses –
All work permits and S-pass holders must upgrade their skills to ensure they can work in Singapore for 18 to 22 years. Under the coretrade scheme, workers can be registered under one of these categories based on their years of experience in the construction industry:
- CoreTrade tradesmen (4-5 years experience, practical test )
- Core Trade Foreman (6-7 years experience, Theory, and Practical Test)
- Core Trade Supervisor (8-9 years experience, Theory, and Practical Test)
Other courses –
- Multi Skills courses –The multi- skill courses provided are –
- Waterproofing Courses- During these courses, participants are trained on their level of skills and knowledge in all waterproofing activities.
- Metal Scaffold Erection- Participants of this course are trained in erecting and dismantling metal scaffolding following a provided drawing.
- Ducting Installation For Air-Con & Ventilation –In this course, participants learn correct skills and knowledge relating to air-con and ventilation installation and repair.
- Professional Courses –The range of various professional courses equips participants with courses of–ISO 9001:2015 Transition Course, QEHS Internal Auditor Course, ConSASSInternal Auditor Course, etc.
- Welding Courses – The welding courses aimed to equip participants with sufficient skills and knowledge to conduct welding works in Singapore’s construction, marine, oil, and gas industries.
Upon successful completion, trainees who are competent in the relevant tests are issued with certificates and cards of skill attainment.